The 2012 campaign will be held from the 16 to 27 July 2012.
The Teach Children to Save South Africa™ (TCTS SA™) programme will be celebrating five years of grooming our youth to be Savvy Savers!!! TCTS SA™ is a generic financial literacy programme rolled out annually to learners nationwide. The TCTS SA™ lesson plan is integrated within the school curriculum.
In 2008 TCTS SA™ was conceptualised to embark on a journey with selfless volunteers, enthusiastic learners, schools, government, banks and financial sector institutions.
Since July 2008 to date TCTS SA™ through 15 banks and 28 financial sector institutions has empowered more than 350,000 learners in over 1,500 schools. Volunteer bankers and financial sector professionals become “teachers-for-an-hour” and impart their skills and work-based knowledge to teach learners about the lifelong habit of saving.
The 5 objectives of TCTS SA™ are to:
- foster a culture of saving
- promote volunteerism
- create awareness about the value of money and the importance of savings
- promote financial literacy
- assist learners appreciate the power of choice
- Sebokeng Library Week Programme (PDF doc – 106KB)
- Vaal Media Release(PDF doc – 77KB)
- Endorsement by Dept of Basic Education (PDF doc – 86KB)
- TCTS SA Goal Statement 2012 (PDF doc – 343KB)
- Lesson Plan 2012 (PDF doc – 2.7MB)
- Islamic Plan 2012 (PDF doc – 2.7MB)
- Banking Terms Glossary(PDF doc – 750KB)
- Learner Pledge 2012 (PDF doc – 321KB)
- Evaluation Form (PDF doc – 361KB)
- Letter of introduction to host school principal (PDF doc – 326KB)
- Guidelines for bankers & financial sector professionals (PDF doc – 563KB)
- Volunteer Acknowledgement (PDF doc -353KB)
- Photo release form (PDF doc -354KB)