July is National Savings Month
July Savings Month is SASI’s national savings awareness campaign and the flagship event for the cause. This year’s campaign was launched on Wednesday 13th July 2011 at the Industrial Development Centre (IDC) Auditorium, 19 Fredman Drive in Sandton. The event also marks SASI’s 10 years of commitment to improving savings in South Africa. The objectives of the campaign are to:
- Promote debate around key aspects of saving,
- Raise awareness of the benefits of short, medium and long term planning
- Build relationships with key partners to leverage future opportunities
- Foster a culture of saving within a local and international context; and
- Complement the messaging being generated through the social security and retirement reform process, to make it meaningful and relevant to the youth as well. This will encourage them to start saving early in life, rather than leaving too late.
- Get consumers to move from ennui into action.
SASI invites all NGOs, community organizations, media owners, educational organizations, financial services companies, trade unions and government departments to embrace the idea.
Launch speeches and press releases:
- SASI Chairperson’s Statement
- Keynote address by Finance Minister – Pravin Gordhan
- Anniversary breakfast launch – Media Release
- Gallery – photos taken during the breakfast launch on 13 July 2011